20 Popular White Celebrities Who Have Black Spouses

Many of these celebrity duos caught the heat for dating and marrying outside of their race. These couples show us that we can love anybody, no matter what their skin color is.

bigstock-Live-From-New-York-89394506643

1. Robert De Niro and Grace Hightower

Robert De Niro and Grace Hightower were married in 1997. The following year, in 1998, the two had a son named Elliot. The road for this couple wasn’t as smooth as you would think. In 1999, the couple split. Since their divorce was never finalized, they renewed their vows in 2004. Currently, the couple splits their time between upstate New York and Manhattan, and in 2011, the power couple had another child, Helen Grace De Niro, via surrogate.

PrevPage: 1 of 19Next

286 Comments

1. Kenneth

September 16, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Matthew’s wife is Brazilian (Latina) which means she’s descendants of Portugese maybe some African, but Brazilian women are tanned by nature. You can’t look at a photo of a Brazilian woman and know whether they have African in their blood or not.

• Straus Davis

October 9, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Kenneth

Her ancestry is black. Why do you suppose she is the color she is?

• Rio

May 15, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Matt’s wife is Afro Brazilian she is not Latin/Hispanic. Most non white Brazilians have Nigerian ancestry not Spanish.

• Rio

May 15, 2016 at 11:50 pm

First of all, Brazilians are not Hispanic or latin they are Brazilian. Brazilian people and the country is multi cultural, multi ethnic and multi racial. Spain has nothing to do with Brazil and no self respecting person from Brazil would call themselves a freaking Hispanic.

2. Ber Lee

September 16, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Camila Alves is too Black, she is of Afro Latina dissent. Get it right. Some of you Spanish people crack me up when you are blacker than midnight but refuse to acknowledge that you are indeed from African dissent. Get over your self. She is from Brazil, where half of the country I identify as being Afro Latin due to their skin color.

3. Growley

September 17, 2015 at 12:47 am

I am White and I like White women just fine, but I actually find, generally, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, or Mixed Race women to be more physically attractive. When there is also a real intellectual and emotional connection, fireworks, yeah. It’s usually family or friends or just plain haters who mess it up, or try to. The jealous ex boyfriend is usually at the top of that list.

4. Anon

September 21, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Mariah Carey isn’t even considered white, she half black and half irish, tf? In America that means you’re black.

5. Mary Beth Remai

September 21, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Black, white, whatever the color, we were all made in God’s image. We are not marrying the color, we are marrying the character. Beauty fades fast.

• m mar

February 3, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Not reality…you no that beauty matters…be honest!!!

• Can't Believe These Comments. So Much Hate

January 18, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Not so m mar. It all depends on what you do with what you have. Some so called beautiful people do not look so good, because they do not do anything with themselves. Some moderately attractive people look better due to taking time to fix up. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It depends on what looks good to you. Dark, light, fat, skinny, tall, short, black, white, latin, asian, gay, straight. All depends on what you like. Really m mar, get a grip. You cannot be that simple.

• Peaches

March 11, 2017 at 2:52 pm

It’s the media folks. They have portrayed one group as being superior, and their women as being prettier. As a young girl, I grew up seeing those images, and started realizing all the brainwashing that was going on. They have done such a good job at it, that people of color were trying to emulate them. It’s okay to love who you are or how you look, and to be attracted to whatever you like. However, it’s not okay when society dictates to the world that unless you look like the people in power, you are less than or ugly. Unfortunately, people of color have not completely broken the cycle, because the brainwashing has gone since slavery. This is why when black people way up. some of them are so angry. Why are their lives under a magnifying glass? Why do they always have to prove themselves? Why does their skin color and hair texture or language have to change to be accepted? There is nothing wrong with being black. I find it interesting, that nobody knows how many white men slept or raped, black or mulatto women over the years, and created children. Mixing has been going on for many years, and at one point blacks did not have a choice in the matter. Fast forward, you can stand up for your choice, but please do it without insulting the rest of the world. Horrific crimes, and barbarian habits/rituals have been displayed by all colors and cultures. You don’t have to have lived in a jungle, or have dark skin to be falsely accused. Further, education nor wealth makes one person better than another. It’s how you treat all people that determines if you are a part of the animal kingdom or the human race. Let’s do better.

6. 1blaquegirl

September 22, 2015 at 5:22 am

This is a interesting stream,people are so very passionate about race, color, bigotry, and prejudice. I would like to add that I am a lover of all people I date outside of my race because I date men who I am attracted to and who make me happy, race is Never a factor. For people who are narrow minded and hateful I treat them like I would one with an incurable social disease, I steer very very clear of them some people dont even deserve our shaming. Here’s to being colorblind and lovestruck.

7. Nicki

October 8, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Mariah Carey isn’t white.

8. Blenda Richter

October 8, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Matthew McConaughey is desperate for a woman…

• NoneYa

March 21, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Really Matthew is desperate for a woman? Shut up

9. Ron

October 11, 2015 at 6:36 pm

For the guy that don’t like black women, I don’t mix with white dogs either. Hope you happy!

10. Red Leg

October 11, 2015 at 11:18 pm

Kim Kartrashian isn’t white and Kayne isn’t black.

11. Chuck Lynch

October 13, 2015 at 2:49 am

Where is Matt Damon and his wife, who I believe is a non white Hispanic??

12. CrackerJack

November 5, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Racism is natural. People tend to be attracted to those that look like them (They say Mick Jagger married himself when he married Bianca). Modern whites are the least racist people in history. Only white countries “celebrate diversity”. Zimbabwe and South Africa are chasing non-blacks away. Japan isn’t accepting any Syrian refugees.

• John

July 11, 2016 at 12:31 am

You’re talking about two different countries. Zimbabwe is a mess and under dictatorship. Mugabe is as stupid and stubborn as can be. Do you know how much he is worth and Zimbabwean women have a life span on average of 55 years? On to South Africa: It’s a Republic as USA. I’m in South Africa every year and I’m a Caucasian M and married to a beautiful black South African woman. Her family has accepted me. I own property there when no one has tried to stop me nor disrespected me. Many Europeans own property. Maybe you’re referring to a certain group. Caucasians in South Africa don’t procreate nearly as much as the blacks do; so in 50 years, there won’t be many.

13. sheri

November 30, 2015 at 8:21 am

I cant believe racism is a live and kicking. We all need to live together dont spread this sickness to our children let racism die

• Annette

April 29, 2016 at 12:40 am

What I can’t believe is that there are people, especially in Hollywood, who have a problem with the natural union of a man and woman, in spite of the differences in their outer covering, and are vehemently defending the union of men with men and women with women! There are no words to express the utter degredation of the human mind in this present age.

14. Dayzed

December 1, 2015 at 5:17 am

Camila Alves isnt black and Mariah… Who knows… But she is not white.

15. DinaLee

December 17, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Mariah Carey is not white. She is bi-racial. Their union was not an interracial marriage.

16. frances edwards

January 27, 2016 at 10:43 am

The proper word mixed race stop saying bi-racial.

• Can't Believe These Comments. So Much Hate

January 18, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Frances. What are they mixed with? Sugar, Cream, Salt, Pepper? I do believe the proper word is bi-racial or multi-racial. We are of different races, not different mixes.

17. Take time to learn something.

February 4, 2016 at 3:49 am

Dang Auto correct My stupid phone corrected leprosy and wrote leapercy ugh!!!